Thursday, July 12, 2007

The project that never ends...

So, as I said before, I'm working on a set of kilthose for the husband. I'm about halfway up the calf on the first one. It's a combination of Knitty's Clessidra and John Anderson Kilt Hose. If I could remember to bring my camera with me when I take a picture of my hubby's foot trying it on, I'd let you see it. ;)

Thing is, it's taking forever. I've already had to stop and make a pair of Fiber Trends Felted Clogs because I needed to take a break from these socks. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of those, since I promptly gave them to my mother-in-law as a present.

I was in Disneyworld in May when I started them. Got all the way to the heel before realizing that it wasn't going to fit my husband... It was just fine until putting the heel on, and that constricted it enough to keep it from slipping over his foot. So I had to unravel the whole thing and start over again.

Then, I started with the right width, but about halfway up the foot, I realized I'd screwed up ON THE FIRST CABLE, and done it in the wrong direction. *sigh* Frogged almost the entire thing, just left the toe unfrogged.

This will teach me not to do this when on line at Disneyworld and being distracted enough to forget where I am when I'm cabling.

So now I'm actually halfway up the calf. This is good. However, it's getting frustrating. I used to take the bus to work, so I had plenty of time to knit each day. Now I drive, new job. So I'm only getting a couple of minutes here or there to work on it. I've only gone about an inch in the last week. At the rate I'm going, it'll be next year before I finish the first sock, let alone the second.

And of course, working on tiny needles and doing all of that cabling, I'm getting mighty frustrated mighty fast.


I'm going to a wedding this weekend. I think I'm going to take that sock with me on the plane and see what I can get done (not that I wasn't planning on doing this anyway). But I may have to put it down for a while and do something fast just so I can get the "completed object giddies" out of my system.

No comments: