Friday, January 9, 2009

Duel at High Noon

So, the sandy deserts of the west are conducive to having pistol shootouts, so my entry for this month's spinning contest is in a sandy color, overspun so that the yarn is "fighting" itself:



It's not spectacular, but it's something. And it's something I will be working on for some time, since I haven't spun half of the 8 oz bag, and the other 8 oz bag is still waiting...

I've got some other rovings that are waiting in the wings (no pictures yet): A garnet-multi-colored mohair/silk blend, and a plain cream colored superwash merino, and of course, I still have tons of both the "bahama blues" merino and the "just before the dawn" alpaca/silk blend...

Then there's the 45 pounds of i-don't-remember-what's-in-the-bags-anymore (I know there's wool and alpaca in interesting natural colors), and what's left of the corriedale from a few years ago, and the princess blue silk/merino blend, and the rabbit and my own hair I didn't finish last month...

Yes, I'm on a spinning kick. Coulja tell? Need to finish a baby blanket in the meantime tho.

No comments: