Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mardi Gras is done, plus a little extra on the side!

So, on top of it being Mardi Gras, a friend of mine had her 50th the other day... I decided that since she's a fan of making jewelry and fiber related stuff, I would give her with something to make other things from! :)

So the Mardi Gras fiber was spun, but there was that bit leftover:



So I made it into this:





17 yards of yellow and purple and silver merino/lame blend! She loves the colors! :)

And of course, then there was the Mardi Gras Yarn:





Voila! Almost exactly 90 yards of green/purple/yellow/silver/gold merino/lame yarn! It's a dk weight.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with it... What do you do with 90 yards?

Today has been a truly stressed out day at work. Methinks I'm going to have to go spinning whne I get home... :) More Bahama Blues? Oh yeah, I am *this* close to winning the "want to have it in my stash" yarn for the second quarterly challenge on Ravelry!

Must make more blues... A friend of mine wants it like you wouldn't believe... ;)

No comments: